Thursday 17 January 2013

Depression


Just to make this clear, this post is not about me. I don't have depression or anything. This post is actually about my new novel. I have recently watch Silver Linings, and I have to say, I loved it. A lot. The whole anger issue and bipolar illness and depression . . . it fascinated me. Stuff like that always has. And for some absurd and probably wrong reason, it gave me inspiration.

Lately, I've been lazy with my writing, I have to admit. I felt like my main character was boring, and just like my other one, which annoyed me to no end, and every time I sat down to write I just couldn't get the words onto the blank document. But, suddenly, I realised that I'd played it too safe with my characters. They don't have real problems. Ha, their anger was nothing compared to Pat's in Silver Linings. And characters like Tiffany and Pat stay with you for a long time.

So that's why I have decided to give my main character depression and anger issues. Yeah, she'll be crazy, and scare people away, but it's interesting to me, so I don't give a damn about what other people think! Haha, I'm just kidding.

My new character is going to have a temper, and she is not one I'm going to forget any time soon. And I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment